Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Great Music = Great Workouts


Yesterday I discussed the importance of having fun while you are working on your fitness goals.  One of my #1 essentials making it through a grueling workout is an energetic playlist.  Not only do the great tunes keep me happy but the beat of the music forces me to up my intensity which equal a better workout.    

I have an entirely too gigantic music collection to throw the entire thing on shuffle during a workout.  Also, I wouldn't want to go from Survivor – Eye of the Tiger to Ray LaMontagne – Let It Be Me.  Don’t get me wrong, I love Ray LaMontagne but I don’t see myself getting a personal best with him playing through my headphones. 

For now I have been keeping my playlists around an hour long (that is around the length of my long runs).  I am hoping to have to increase the time (due to the increased run) by the time I’m ready for my next playlist.

I love sharing so I included my playlist for you, maybe you’ll like a few songs and add it to yours.  Know a great song you think I should add?  Do you love your playlist?  Please leave it in the comment section for ideas for my next playlist. 

Current Summer Playlist
Sean Kingston – Fire Burning
Rehab – I’ve landed
K-os – Sunday Morning
Rusted Root – Ecstasy
Bob Sinclar (ft. Gary “Nesta” Pine) – Love Generation
MC Solaar – La Belle et Le Bad Boy
Matisyahu – King Without a Crown
MGMT – Electric Feel
Yolanda Be Cool – We No Speak Americano
Blink 182 – What’s My Age Again?
MIA – Paper Planes
Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley – Move!
The Smashing Pumpkins – Tarantula
Bloc Party – Helicpoter
Lupe Fiasco – The Show Goes On
Relient K – Pressing On

No comments:

Post a Comment