Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step - Lao-tzu

It would be inaccurate for me to say today is the first day of my weight loss journey.  My weight is something I have been struggling with for the past ten years.  Or if we were being truthful, since as far back as can remember.

According the the recommended height and weight charts I have only been overweight for the last ten (only last ten years - ha!).  For me, obstacle number one, perhaps my only obstacle, is myself.  I eat too much, too often, and the type of foods I eat are loaded with the everything I should not be putting in my body.  I constantly tell myself treating myself to one more cookie isn't going to change anything, but when you do that everyday, it changes everything.

I am also lazy.  Real lazy.  Back in my high school days I used to run cross country.  I was able to easily run 6 miles a day easily.  Now, I can not even run 1/4 mile without having to stop for a break.  I have had gym memberships, ski-machines, elliptical machines, and weights all at my disposal but besides the sporadic week here and their it never gets used.  

I have tried things such as calorie restriction, P90X, Insanity, Weight Watchers, and even marathon training.  I have not had success with anything because it would require me to constantly record and limit what I have been eating, or do constantly workouts.  And as I mentioned previously, I am lazy. I know this is something I need to change.

I am currently doing the Dukan Diet.  It's not easy, but I have been able to stick with it more than I have been able to stick with any other diet.  I am currently in the 6th week of the Dukan Diet and have lost 14 pounds.  I have 30 more pounds to go.

Come back tomorrow....

For those who are not familiar with the Dukan Diet I will give you some background information on the diet, my likes, dislikes, as well as my experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment