Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Review & BzzAgent

Yes, they both are bee related but the only thing they have in common is they both are amazing companies.

Approximately two months ago I joined BzzAgent, a word-of-mouth marketing (WOM) company.  It's honestly one of the easiest and best decisions I have ever made.  I highly recommend checking them out.  You simply fill out a few surveys about yourself and your buying preferences and they set you up with companies to try and test out their products.  Within two months I have qualified for six campaigns, all at ZERO cost to me.  The only thing they expect from me is to give HONEST feedback to my friends, family and/or coworkers about the products and/or services I tried.  They in no way persuade me to give a positive review of a product I do not like.

The very first campaign I qualified for was Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Campaign.  I was already addicted to Burt's Bees Beewax Lip Balm but never really tried any of their other products.   Well, Burt's Bees done it again.  I'm now addicted to the whole Burt's Bees Intense Hydration line.  In the mail I received three full sized items (Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser, Intense Hydration Night Cream, and Intense Hydration Treatment Mask) as well as several Day Lotion and Night Cream samples with $3 off coupons for my friends and family.


A little bit about my skin before I talk about results.  I never had acne as a teenage but when I hit my mid twenties I began to get constant acne of both of nodules and pustules (I know... gross) in the middle of my forehead right between my eyebrows.  Occasionally, in other various spots on my face as well.  I have tried proactive, acne free severe, cetaphil, and more.  I've gone to doctors and tried doxycycline and some other prescription options but it only would clear up my acne for a couple weeks and it came back in full force.  The doxycycline simply would dry my skin out further.  

I have been using cetaphil as my go to, dermatologist recommended - over the counter, face wash and moisturizer.  As long as I used it religiously it would help reduce my acne but I still constantly always have at least 2-3 pimples on my forehead.  I'm 29, I don't want acne anymore.  

So I got my Burt's Bee Intense Hydration line in the mail and boy this product is thick!  When I wash my face I used to all the suds and soapy feeling the cetaphil leaves behind, I was worried about what this product was going to do to my acne.  I appreciated the feeling the moisture but I was afraid it was going to make my skin too oily.  It almost felt as if I was washing my face with lotion. Despite this, the product smelled really good (but not overpowering) and felt really nice on my face.  I continued to put on the Intense Hydration Night Cream and went to bed.  

The next morning I honestly felt a difference.  I was skeptical, sure my face is hydrated but what is going to happen to my acne.  I worried after a couple uses if it was going to make my face too oily and cause even more break outs.  I kept on using the product as instructed and used the Intense Hydration Treatment Mask.  

After a couple days I felt my acne started to look like it was clearing up.  I still remained skeptical because I feel any changes in my face routine would often cause a brief moment of relief only to come back again with full vengeance!  

It's been about 5 weeks now, not only has my acne been so much better, my acne almost completely clear on the top of my forehead, but I feel my skin tone looks more even and appears brighter.  When I would put on tinted moisturizer or BB cream in the past I would get a burning sensation under my eyes from the dryness, that effect completely disappeared.  

Do I recommend at least trying Burt's Bees Intense Hydration line?  Without a doubt.  It changed my skin, maybe it can change yours!   

1 comment: